Contract IT Infrastructure Analyst (NetApp)
We are delighted to have been appointed to recruit an experienced IT Infrastructure Analyst for our client, a highly regarded corporate client based in Manchester.
To implement and support the Storage & Backup Infrastructure as part of the IT Infrastructure Team.
- Maintenance and administration of Storage and Backup solutions, ensuring storage and backup solutions are available and performing to Service Levels
- Administration of disk snapshots, inter site mirroring and tape backup schedules in line with business operational and recovery requirements
- Liaising with 3rd party storage and backup suppliers
- Administering Netbackup and NetApp licensing usage across the estate, liaising with Software Asset Management functions to ensure license compliance is achieved and maintained
- Ensuring storage and backup system alerts are identified, categorised and resolved and early warning of infrastructure performance or capacity issues are identified and escalated to the Storage Manager
- Assist in gathering and preparation of storage consumption and performance statistics for presentation into Monthly Management reports
- Maintain and execute storage and backup provisioning processes to support the solution commissioning processes in the rest of IT
- Create and Maintain storage and backup infrastructure documentation to support the Service Delivery team with production problems
- Maintain asset registers of all relevant systems including detailed configuration documentation to Disaster Recovery standards
- Participate in on-call rota for Storage Management activities to ensure efficient resolution of out of hours issues
- Perform planned storage and backup infrastructure change in line with agreed Change Management processes
Applicants should be able to demonstrate a working knowledge of :
- NetApp Hardware & Software Technologies
- VMware Virtualisation Technologies
Enterprise Class Storage & Backup Solutions (Symantec Netbackup and NetApp)
Experience of Microsoft tiered application infrastructure
- An understanding of Unix
- Advanced scripting through Powershell/VB/Excel Macros
- Windows 2003/2008 Server Standard/Web/ Enterprise Editions
- High Availability, clustering and SAN technology (FC & iSCSI)
- Storage protocols and technologies (ISCI, NFS, CIFS, FC, SATA)
- Active Directory
- MS SQL Server 2000 or later
The successful candidate will have a proven background working within a service focussed business, working to KPI’s, Service Level Agreements and agreed deadlines, and understand the importance of providing accurate MI into reporting framework. ITIL is preferred, but not essential.
In return, my client can offer an exceptional remuneration package, whch is negotiable dependent upon skills and experience. This is a permanent vacancy ideally, but my client will also consider offering this role on a contract basis.
Apex Executive regret that they are only able to accept applications from candidates who can demonstrate eligibility to live and work in the UK.
How to ApplyPlease apply with your current CV, and details of your current salary expectations and notice period.
Apply for this Job
Warning: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /homepages/8/d455291029/htdocs/currentvacancies/wordpress/wp-content/themes/jobroller_bak/includes/theme-functions.php on line 702